Our trip to Colorado was great! We drove all night (to avoid entertaining and potty training a 2 yr old) and it was wonderful! I'd recommend it to anyone with little kids. We got in about 6am in time to see the sun rise over the mountains. We got out of the car and needed a sweatshirt, I'd almost forgotten what that felt like!
Ilon had a very brave trip, she rode a horse with mom and by the end of the ride was saying "more horsey, more Pepper (the horse's name) ". She also jumped off the diving board and went down the slide by herself at the hot springs pool. I think we may have a little dare-devil on our hands..




Ilon had a great early birthday party where she got a princess outfit, playdough and fighter jet plane. She

loved all of it! I think her favorite part of everything was Addie, her 6 month old cousin. She loved to hug and kiss her, probably got a little too close quite a few times! She seems like she will do great with a new baby!Salida is one of my favorite places. It's a beautiful mountain town with creative environmental people, crazy river rafters and outdoor lovers. We like to wander around and pretend we live there!



We went camping near Salida which was beautiful and rainy. Aaron set up our tent and made a little shelter for us right before the storm hit. Aaron taught Ilon how to throw rocks in the water (which backfired when she started throwing rocks at kids later in the trip...). We'll have to work on that one!





4 comments:
this looks wonderful! i love salida! ugh i;m so jealous of your seemingly perfect life. and everyone elses who lives in salida. i'm so glad ilon is like you guys. because if she was not outdoorsy we might have a problem.
I'm so jealous. I've been craving the mountains. Oh well, I guess I'll go again sometime!
Ilon is just getting prettier and prettier. She is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see you guys!
What a wonderful trip! I would LOVE to be in Colorado! I'll get you that recipe!
next time invite me!
looks super fun times yah!
Post a Comment