Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the big 28







I really like 28. Good solid number, on the way to wisdom:) We had a party with our home church and Yagba (in the pic with Ilon) brought a cake the size of Ilon (probably weighed about the same). It was made by a friend from Liberia and gorgeous, we wanted to preserve it in wax! I've had this HUGE craving for cinnamon rolls, I blame it on pregnancy, so we had that, eggrolls (from Hayley in the pink hat), brownies, cookies, hummus, spinach dip, pita chips, and the cake to feed 5000. Needless to say you had to roll me to bed (and that had NOTHING to do with being pregnant).


My wonderful family made me spinach enchiladas for dinner and got me tons of cute preggo clothes. For those of you who haven't carried the basketball-size tumor around on your stomach, it is amazing what a new shirt can do for your state of mind:) So go ahead, treat your favorite currently pregnant friend to a little boost of self-esteem! I'm pretty sure it helps out the baby too. Update on the little "it", moving around like crazy and semi-permanently camped out in the bladder area. Makes for a long night of trips to the bathroom! Otherwise doing fine, 2 1/2 months to go!

1 comment:

Teresa C said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you were celebrated well. What a beautiful cake!