I love Mondays. It's the day Ilon and I spend the morning together getting tea and running errands. We start downtown, which I love as small as it is. I love knowing who runs the shops, browsing through old stuff, new stuff, I always have a project in mind. Ilon loves waiting for the white hand to tell her to cross the street, holding her own hot cup of whatever she's chosen, finding the pink bear she visits every week at Mountain Munchkins. I love the Coop and their huge bins of bulk flour, beans, rice.. Aaron says how can you come home with so much food and nothing to eat? Ilon sits at their play table and plays dolls loudly and helps me measure things. Monday nights I stay up as late as I possibly can to prepare for working nights on Tuesdays. Which means I have the whole house to myself, to do whatever I want, as long as I can stand it. Which is why I'm blogging now, at 3 am, and painting and putting lights on the Christmas tree.
Tonight I helped make 300 gingerbread houses for a fundraiser this weekend and my hands still smell like frosting. I am quite good at it though, should be after that marathon. And now I'm going to bed. Good night.
1 comment:
That sounds like a great Monday routine! I love the Coop too. The way it smells and all those goodies in the bins calling my name. I'd much prefer to go there than Wal-Mart! But Sean has the same reaction when I come home with beans that need to be soaked, rice that takes hours to cook, and flour that must be mixed with something and baked :-) He does enjoy the organic yummy milk, though - even if it is insanely expensive....
Post a Comment