We headed out to Dallas on July 7th with a packed car and 2 very excited little kids. They love road trips, for the first 30 minutes at least... The ride to Amarillo was actually fun and went by quickly. We stayed in a little cabin at a campground and went straight from the car into the pool. Gabe is fearless, he will run and jump in without a thought or a look to see if anyone's waiting to catch. Ilon is turning into a little fish herself and is getting very brave in the water! That night we had one of the huge Texas storms that I've missed so much. Sheets and sheets of water fell all night long, the other poor campers abandoned their tents for a hotel in town I'm sure, except for a brave troop of boy scouts whom I saw looking pretty haggard the next morning. Aaron woke me up in the middle of the night insisting there was a leak, which turned out to be on my bed soaking my entire blanket and I didn't even notice. The next mornings drive was a little tedious through some flooded areas, our little car did us proud. We arrived safe and sound...



Finally at the hotel, my little guy looks like he's about to fly away. Get me a haircut mom! Thank goodness for a "warm cookie" check-in.
The ladies...


Papa and the Gabester



Ilon the little ice cream sharer, caught in the act. She takes after her daddy.

Heading for the Zoo on the train

The view from a sweet monorail that takes you through the park, I think the adults had more fun than the kids.




Breakfast with Nana. By the way, this happened at 9:45am. Because our kids slept until 9am. Bless you hotel blackout curtains, we'll never forget you.
Hair cuts for our straggle-heads. Gabe got called a girl 3x in 1 week so I figured it was time to trim the locks. The little guy didn't mind a bit!

You'd think she does this every week, the little lady.

The lovely bride to be at her shower with a gigantic wad of gum, love you Shan!

Breakfast at Einsteins Bagels, had to squeeze in a few visits to get my fix!

Shan and Ilon

Lisa and Avery, the little darling:)

The lake. Must have been having too much fun because this is the only picture I have.
We loved it, of course.

1 comment:
I am rested up and ready to do it all again!
Post a Comment