Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pre-school part 2


Ilon started her 2nd year of preschool, she will be going every day and is completely excited. Her August birthday means that she has to wait another year for kindergarten but she gets to be line-leader and bring snacks the 1st day so all is well in her world. And I get her for an extra 1/2 a day for another year, so all is well in my world too.


We get to spend time with Gabriel, by himself, that we haven't done much at all! We had a date to the library and park, 2 of his favorite places.


Ilon and Gabe's pretend camping, it's become a daily game.

And this. I got a book at a community function on how to talk to your kids about drugs. There is a section, an entire section, on talking to your PRESCHOOLER about drugs. I am not excited about this new phase of life. My kids are the ones above; camping, drinking hot chocolate, throwing rocks, eating rocks. But I'm pretty sure that's how most other kids start out too. So I will be talking to them about drugs. And I'll probably arrange a "take your child to work day" when I have a 16 yr old OD on heroin, or a 21 yr old going through alcohol withdrawals. It doesn't hurt to know what you'd be getting into.

I might wait a few years on that last part, but my kids will absolutely know about drugs. I'll probably stop just short of telling them how to make them. And then we'll probably keep loving the heck out of them, because I think that's probably a big factor in the decision making later on. And then we'll probably pray our asses off and hope for the best.


Goodnight Alamosa.



2 comments:

Tracey said...

It's a daunting thought isn't it? Our little precious ones entering a world where drugs etc are so real. Good on you for starting early with the teaching. Ilon is beautiful and Gabe is such a cutie! Love the sky pictures :) x

The Schmit Family said...

I second the praying your ass off part!!!! I am right there with you! It really does take the Lord getting them early!!