Something I love about Moscow, it's a community that supports each other. This picture is the line at Pizza Hut, on a Monday night, where proceeds go to a family with a mama with terminal cancer.
I went to hear a doctor speak, a woman who grew up in Moscow and spends 1/2 her year in Bethel, Alaska working as a hospitalist to earn money to work the other 1/2 of her year working at a clinic in Southern Sudan trying to save a village from a disease with no cure. The house was packed.

This is Ilon's school, an outdoor movie event/fundraiser for the public schools. The enormous lawn was filled with families and teachers, and friends of families and teachers.
It's inspiring to be a part of!
We have fully embraced the season. Even though it was 84 today and I sweated in my boots. We are ready.
OH, and Ilon's a Girl Scout. How adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment