Monday, January 21, 2013

January

 Is it really almost over? January? I have been very unproductively busy this month. I haven't done one project. I read a book 1/4 of the way through, it's due on Wed. so I'm not very optimistic. Please if someone has a book that I would just LOVE please tell me.  Aaron and I caved. To the pleadings of our children for a pet. And on a snowy Saturday we adopted 2 little guinea pigs, now Charlie and Diego. I am fairly certain that Aaron is the one who enjoys them the most. Ilon got her very own dustbuster which she adores and keeps the house free and clear of any and all hair/shavings/poop etc that may stray. Gabriel. Oh Gabriel. He adores these little creatures.


Impromptu evenings seem to be the most fun for our family. We found a little restaurant, a hole in the wall complete with a ping pong table, with the most amazing food. Ilon met her friends at the ice skating rink for a play date. One of her friends called her, on my phone, to chat about the next play date. The conversation lasted all of 33 seconds but I think it may be the first of many...

 Gabriel went to the dentist, charmed all the ladies, and is cavity free.
 Aaron and I had a date night at Birch and Barley, a darling restaurant in Pullman, WA. The kids had a movie night at Grandma Beas, the daycare center we love and adore.
 And Ilon. Who goes through our recycle bin daily to create things. We have to recycle her recycled creations once a week or we'd be overflowing!
 A snowy walk in the woods at Idler's Rest.


 Movie night
 Gabe and Diego
 Baking. These are hands down the best cinnamon rolls I have ever made. Thank you Michelle for Sweet and Savory Life Cookbook!
Rosemary rolls, the best thin crust pizza creations, granola, granola bars... Being in the kitchen when it's cold and gray most of the day has been much more satisfying then anything else.  The sun came out today and Ilon thought it was Spring! Looking forward to brighter days ahead!

2 comments:

The Schmit Family said...

Kate Morton, any book of hers, is incredible. I mean, think about for two weeks afterwards incredible. Not Christian, but not dirty either. after you read one of hers, text me and we can talk about it. I love talking about her books.

Tracey said...

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I read it a few years ago and still think about it! You would connect with this book.