Sunday, July 10, 2011

Willow Lake





Aaron and I went backpacking to Willow Lake. Let's just say it was a lot easier in our 20's, we feel creaky and blistered. The hike starts in Crestone and goes up to about 11,000 feet. There is a lake, probably one of many, nestled at the base of huge peaks. We both climbed here in college but had forgotten how amazing it is!





















There is a canoe stashed at the lake, I can only imagine how it got there. We took it for an early morning ride and got a close up of the waterfall. Pretty serene to be out in the middle of a lake on top of a mountain. We spent the morning fishing, reading, relaxing, and got an early start out. Thankfully the hike down is a lot quicker and we stopped for cold soda's at a Tea shop in Crestone.








3 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow wow wow! How amazing! The scenery is stunning, what a fun day! x

The Church Lady said...

HOW FUN! i want someone to carry me there.

Sean Cannon said...

looks awesome. I'm jealous!