So I won the mother of the year award today. Not the BEST mother of the year award, the REALLY? You REALLY did that? mother of the year award.
I forgot to pick my daughter up after her FIRST day of KINDERGARTEN.
I found her, after a call from her teacher, sitting in the PRINCIPALS office. Waiting.
She says, "Mom, did you, like, not know what time to be here?"
In my defense, I had been up for 20 hours and laid down for just a teensy little nap. And slept through my alarm. I'm sorry Mrs. Cox, I forgot my 6 yr old because I slept through my alarm. Am I in
HIGH-SCHOOL?
So I have a bad first impression to make up for, in snacks, and volunteer hours, and party organizers, and field trip helpers. We of course went straight to get bean burritos and tater tots and pink lemonade and I think amends have been made. Ilon LOVED school. She said, I can't wait for it to be bedtime, because I have SCHOOL tomorrow! I hope I hear that for a long time!
Aaron and I are realizing we are stretched pretty thin, a good stretch, but it means lots of calendars and organization and alarms and naps at appropriate times. I am on nights again, which is a bit of a roller coaster sometimes. The last two nights I got to hold a darling little bundle of baby girl while she had a little rougher transition to this new world than some. I LOVE this job. It's a privilege to be present in such a huge moment in life. Aaron is "enjoying" law school. I'm not sure how else to say that he is appropriately overwhelmed and from what he's seen so far is excited about being a lawyer.
Prayers for GRACE during this time are WELCOME!


No comments:
Post a Comment